Vanessa Kensington is the leading lady and the deuteragonist in Austin Powers: International Man Of Mystery and Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me. She is the daughter of Austin Powers former leading lady, Mrs. Kensington.
She is portrayed by Elizabeth Hurley.
International Man Of Mystery
Vanessa Kensington was the daughter of Marie Kensington, Austin's partner from the 1960s. Born on 10 June 1970, she was among the secret agents that welcomed the thawed Austin Powers to the 1990s. She was initially disgusted by Austin's politically incorrect, womanizing attitude, but soon warms to his good nature and falls in love with him. At the end of the film, she and Austin marry and are shown in their honeymoon suite.
Her weapon of choice is a Desert Eagle.
The Spy Who Shagged Me
After getting married in International Man of Mystery, Austin and Vanessa spent their honeymoon in a honeymoon suite. Austin noticed that Vanessa has been acting strange after they had sex and decided to watch In Like Flint. Pressing some buttons on a remote, he notices Vanessa acting strange and she grabs Austin's throat. Austin tears out Vanessa's face to find out that she is a Fembot. Vanessa then tries to kill Austin Powers with her "machine gun jubliees." Austin hides behind a table and uses his penis enlarger to surrender. Vanessa self-destructed after Austin's surrender with Austin grieving over the basis that Vanessa was a fembot. He gets over it when he realizes that he is single again.
- According to online fan polls, Vanessa is rated the sexiest Ausin Powers girl.
- In one scene it is hinted that Vanessa might be terrible in bed, but we later discover that she is actually quite adept in these matters.
- At the beginning of The Spy Who Shagged Me, it is hinted that Vannessa may have inherited her mother's skills in bed.
- Many Austin Powers fans have ranked each Powers girl in terms of sexual stamina, in these polls Vanessa was consistenly voted #1 in the bedroom.
- Vanessa can be considered like a version of Vesper Lynd (Eva Green) and Tracy Bond (Diana Rigg). Both Vanessa and Vesper are british secret agents and love interest of Austin Powers and James Bond, and both are killed. Also Vanessa studied at Oxford before becoming a spy.