Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|“||So...you've come to stare at the Beast, have you?||„|
|~ The Beast when he confronts Maurice|
|“||I've never felt this way about anyone. I want to do something for her...but what?||„|
|~ The Beast to his servants about his feelings for Belle|
The Beast is the deuteragonist of Disney's 30th full-length animated feature film, Beauty and the Beast and its midquels; The Enchanted Christmas and Belle's Magical World.
He was never actually named in the film.
Robby Benson did his speaking and singing voice both in beast and human form.
Earlier, he was human, but he was selfish and cold hearted before Enchantress transforms him into a horrifying beast because of having a cold heart. After meeting Belle, the Beast became more kind to others and understood what true love was like after a battle with Gaston and that Belle's love for him changed him back to human.
Unlike Belle, the Beast doesn't appear in Once Upon a Time, instead Rumplestiltskin/Mr. Gold serves as "the Beast" and as Belle's love interest and eventual husband in the series.
- The Beast is the first male character in a Disney fairy tale to have a role that is equally as significant as the female protagonist.
- The Beast's design in the film is a combination of animals, the head and structure of a buffalo, the eyebrows of a gorilla, the horns of a bull, the jaws, teeth, and mane of a lion, the arms and torso of a bear, and the legs, feet, and tail of a wolf.
- The Beast made a cameo as one of the Sultan's toys from the Disney film, Aladdin.
- To make his voice sound Beast-like, Robby Benson's recordings were mixed with the growls of lions, tigers, and panthers.
- The Beast will be played by Dan Stevens in the upcoming 2017 remake.