- This incarnation of Spider-Man is about the character from the Marvel Cinematic Universe. For other Spider-Man incarnations, check out the disambiguation.
|“||I've been me my whole life, and I've had these powers for 6 months, and I read books, I build computers, and yeah I would love to play football. But I couldn't then so I shouldn't now.||„|
|~ Peter Parker to Tony Stark, about his abilities|
Spider-Man (aka Peter Parker) is a cameo character in Iron Man 2, a major character in Captain America: Civil War, one of the titular protagonists of Avengers: Infinity War and Avengers 4, and the titular protagonist of Spider-Man: Homecoming and its upcoming sequel, Spider-Man: Far From Home. He is a super-enhanced being with a high intellect and is skilled in costumed super-hero fighting. He acts under the alias of Spider-Man in order to protect NYC from its criminal underworld. He was recruited by Iron Man and helps him and his group of Avengers to defeat Captain America's faction of Avengers during the civil war that erupted between the two factions due to their differing views on the Sokovia Accords.
He is portrayed by Tom Holland.
Peter Parker is shown to be a loyal, friendly, highly intelligent but shy and socially awkward 15 year old teenage superhero. Since the start of his superhero career, Peter kept his Spider-Man identity a secret from the world and to avoid joining school bands and football teams in an attempt to protect his powers and identity. Since he was offered to join the Avengers Civil War by Tony Stark/Iron Man, Peter became eager and excited to become an Avenger but was told he was not ready yet.
After the Avengers Civil War, Peter still became eager to become an official member of the Avengers and continued his crime-fighting duties as Spider-Man in his upgraded suit given to him by his mentor and ally. He came into conflict against the Vulture/Adrian Toomes (who became his Archenemy) who was attempting to sell Avengers equipment on the black market and he attempted to stop him in order to prove to become an Avenger.
Since Peter was a social outcast in his youth before he became Spider-Man, he works as a lone, individualistic superhero and he finds it hard when he tries to fit in with the other members of Iron Man's faction of Avengers who might ask of how old he is.
After his successful mission of defeating the Vulture and his crew from stealing Avengers equipment, Peter realised that he needs to learn a lot more before becoming an official Avenger which Tony Stark applauded. Peter as Spider-Man vowed to never cause any reckless actions, since the Skirmish on the Staten Island Ferry incident.
Peter Parker can also be stubborn and headstrong, disobeying Tony Stark several times. However, Peter is a good boy and a big-hearted and forgiving person, risking his life to save Vulture, despite the latter attempted to kill him.
Spider-Man/Peter Parker is a very brave and righteous hero as he saves numerous citizens in Queens, New York and stopping the supervillain Vulture from committing many crimes. He is also adept at making incredibly annoying jokes which sometimes annoys or irritates his allies and enemies.
Powers and Abilities
- Spider Physiology: After being bitten by a genetically-altered spider, Peter Parker possesses the proportionate powers of a spider. His powers include:
- Superhuman Strength: Peter possesses the proportional strength of a spider (greater than that of both Captain America and the Winter Soldier), Spider-Man is able to press lift several tons. Although he is relatively untrained, his strength alone is sufficient to casually overpower the likes of Winter Soldier and his cybernetic arm. He has been seen stopping and lifting cars moving at speeds of 40 mph, and even supported the weight of a jet bridge, though the last visibly strained him. During his battle with the Vulture, he is even able to lift a heavy rubble of himself, though it painfully strained him.
- Superhuman Durability: As a result of his unique abilities, Spider-Man possesses denser bones and muscle tissue that allows him to survive great impacts, as he was unaffected when falling from the height of several stories. He has taken punches from the super soldiers Captain America and Winter Soldier, without any serious injuries. Additionally, Spider-Man was unfazed when hit by Falcon's Redwing at full force, managed to shrug off a blow from Captain America's Shield, and was able to endure the impact of falling from several stories. After all of it, Parker only had a black eye (which he healed quickly afterwards).
- Superhuman Speed: Spider-Man can move at speeds greater than that of an ordinary human, making him adept at dodging. During the Avengers Civil War, Spider-Man was able to outrun the likes of Black Widow. Moreover, he successfully evaded attacks from Falcon, the Winter Soldier, and Scarlet Witch. In the battle against Thanos on Titan during Infinity War, he proved fast enough to dodge and rescue the unconscious Guardians of the Galaxy from meteors, which were traveling at speeds of over Mach 2000.
- Superhuman Stamina: With an improved increased stamina, Spider-Man is able to perform physical activities for a longer period without tiring.
- Superhuman Agility: Spider-Man is exceptionally agile and fast, capable of swinging around on thin spider-webbing and jumping great distances without difficulty. He also had little to no difficulty dodging the many cars and rocks that Scarlet Witch telekinetically hurled at him.
- Superhuman Reflexes: Spider-Man possesses greatly enhanced reflexes that allow him to catch objects moving at high speeds without looking. Hence, he casually caught the Winter Soldier's bionic arm before it could even touch him.
- Superhuman Senses: Spider-Man's senses are greatly enhanced, as he describes them as being "dialed to eleven".
- Superhuman Balance: Spider-Man's sense of balance is superhuman, giving him perfect equilibrium, coordination, dexterity, and agility, allowing him to perform inhuman feats of acrobatic and gymnastic ability.
- Superhuman Sight: Spider-Man's sense of sight is superhuman, as he was forced to restrict his eyesight with dark goggles to avoid it from handicapping him in a battle.
- Spider-Sense: Spider-Man's most noteworthy trait is his paranormal survival instincts, which warn him of impending danger moments before it arrives. He displayed this ability when he detected Bucky throwing an object at him and he was able to not only dodge it but sent it back to Bucky. However, Spider-Man appears to be untrained in effectively using it. While he was able to detect Ant-Man hiding on Captain America's shield, it was only seconds before the latter had stolen it. Likewise, Spider-Man was unable to react in time to the striking speed of Falcon's Redwing.
- Wall-Crawling: Spider-Man is able to adhere to walls, ceilings, and other surfaces like a spider, stating that he doesn't use mechanical devices for this. Alternatively, Peter could make individual portions of his body adhesive, which allowed him to stick his foot onto the chest of a bank robber to fling him into a wall.
- Regenerative Healing Factor: Spider-Man possesses a healing factor which allows him to regenerate and heal from mental harm in a matter of minutes and physical harm in a mater of hours. After the Avengers Civil War, he suffered a black eye, but healed up quickly afterwards It is unknown if it is powerful enough to slow down his aging.
- Genius-Level Intellect: Academically gifted, Peter displays an uncanny affinity for science, mathematics, mechanics, and physics. Peter is very intelligent, specifically in chemistry and physics. He is intelligent enough to create a strong and tensile adhesive to serve as "spider web" and constructed a working electro-mechanical web-shooters.
- Skilled Hand-To-Hand Combatant: Due to him being a crime-fighter for 6 months, Spider-Man has some skills in hand-to-hand combat. While he was able to handle the likes of Falcon and Winter Soldier for a time and get the better of them, Falcon was able to dispose of him momentarily. He was able to temporarily hold his own against a far more experienced opponent, however, due to Captain America's far superior training and experience; Spider-Man was ultimately defeated by the latter relatively easily.
- Skilled Tactician: Due to him being a crime-fighter for 6 months, Spider-Man is a capable tactician; he uses the laws of physics to his advantage in battle.
- Skilled Marksman: Due to him using his web-shooters for 6 months, Spider-Man is a highly skilled marksman as he is able to aim his web-shooters at his targets and hit them with his webbing. He is even able to aim at his targets without even looking, due to his enhanced senses.
- Master Acrobat: Thanks to his superhuman agility, Spider-Man is an excellent acrobat and gymnast; he was able to accurately shoot a string of webbing at Captain America's Shield then catch it while jumping in the air and land over a vehicle.
- Tom Holland is one of the few British actors to play one of the Marvel characters in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. He is also one of the few characters in MCU not to have an origin story, but only mentioning it.
- Tom Holland is the youngest actor to play Spider-Man/Peter Parker at the age of 21, though Peter is 15 in Civil War and Spider-Man: Homecoming.
- Sam Raimi's and Marc Webb's Spider-Man actors Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield praised Tom Holland's performance as Garfield announced that he was glad to be a "fan again".
- Like most teenage heroes (especially, main protagonists) Spider Man is stubborn and mischievous.
- The people who knows Peter Parker's secret identity are:
- Tony Stark/Iron Man
- Happy Hogan
- Ned Leeds
- Adrian Toomes/Vulture
- May Parker
- Stephen Strange/Doctor Strange
- Peter Quill/Star-Lord
- Drax the Destroyer
- A month later, Holland revealed the second film would be titled Spider-Man: Far From Home.
|Marvel Cinematic Universe Heroes|
Iron Man | War Machine | J.A.R.V.I.S. | Pepper Potts | Nick Fury | Black Widow | Hulk | Betty Ross | Captain America | The Winter Soldier | Odin Borson | Thor | Loki | Jane Foster | Maria Hill | Hawkeye | Phil Coulson | Erik Selvig | Melinda May | Falcon | Peggy Carter | Sharon Carter | Star-Lord | Groot | Rocket Racoon | Gamora | Drax the Destroyer | Yondu Udonta | Nebula | Daredevil | Foggy Nelson | Karen Page | Claire Temple | Vision | Scarlet Witch | Quicksilver | Ant-Man | Wasp | Hank Pym | Luis | Dave | Kurt | Cassie Lang | Jim Paxton | Quake | Jessica Jones | Trish Walker | Elektra | Punisher | Black Panther | Spider-Man | Ghost Rider | Luke Cage | Doctor Strange | Karl Mordo | The Ancient One | Wong | Iron Fist | Colleen Wing | Mantis | Valkyrie | Korg | Miek | Zuri | Okoye | Ayo | Nakia | Shuri | Ramonda | T'Chaka | M'Baku | Everett K. Ross | Eitri | Jimmy Woo | Bill Foster | Ghost | Janet Van Dyne
|Spider-Man Movie Heroes|
Sam Raimi series
Marvel Cinematic Universe series