|“||So I'm going to be a hero. I'll make that money... so that my mom and dad can have easier lives!||„|
|~ Ochaco Uraraka to Izuku and Tenya in "That's the Idea, Ochaco!"|
Ochaco Uraraka (麗日お茶子, Uraraka Ochaco ) is the main heroine and one of the main protagonists in the manga/anime series, My Hero Academia. She is a student at U.A. High School training to become a Pro Hero. She is one of Izuku Midoriya's closest friends, and she is later revealed to have a crush on him.
She is voiced by Ayane Sakura in the Japanese dub, and Luci Christian in the English dub, the latter of whom also voices Nami.
Ochaco know very open-minded, nice, cheerful, lively, outgoing and always optimism. She easily gets excited over little things and has a habit of overreacting with exaggerated facial expressions just like Izuku.
Beside this, Ochaco in certain situation can become extremely determined, focused and intimidating. Due to her time around Izuku, she has picked some of his habits such as his tenacity and ingenuity in battles. She greatly admires Izuku who she calls him "Deku", a nickname she thought was cute (even though he used to hate it) and seeks to be like him for his skills and dreams. Following a classmates' teasing, Ochaco realized she has developed feelings for him but is too shy to admit and ran off when near him after being confused by her thoughts. Later on, she has resolved to hold them down for the time being to better focus on her dream.
Her parents are her motivation as to why she has decided to become a hero, in order for them to live an easy life. Despite her embarrassment to admit it, she does her best in school with a pride for them which makes them happy.
As a hero, her heroine identity is Uravity (ウラビティ Urabiti) and her quirk is Zero Gravity, a power to manipulate gravity such as making objects weightless or making objects float, even she able make herself to fly. However, her quirk still has a limitation. A drawback to this Quirk that if it is used too much (around three tons) or if she makes herself float, she will suffer from nausea and possibly vomit as a result. Her hero costume is made for minimize this negative effect when she use her quirk.
- Ochaco shares similarities with Sakura Haruno from Naruto
- Both of them are the main heroine from WSJ
- Both of them share same color theme (Pink)
- Both Sakura and Ochaco come from normal family (Sakura's parents both of them are not a ninja and Ochaco parents both of them are not a hero and quirkless)
- Both of them sharing same super-human strength-like power
- Both of them very determined to be a powerful ninja/hero beside they come from a normal family
- Ochaco is also simular to Layla Williams from Disney's 2005 film Sky High, who are both very kind, loyal and beautiful, both considered the best friends of the protagonists Will Stronghold and Izuku Midoriya, but both immediately have a crush on them, and they even look alike.They appear to be weak and fragile to many who first meet them. But Both girls are amazingly powerful. Ochaco and Layla are the first girls to admire the protagonists and encourage them through all there hardships.