Kurtis Stryker is the leader of the New York Police Department's Special Riot Control squad and a hero from the Mortal Kombat series of fighting games.
Powers and Abilities
In combat, Stryker relies mostly on police weaponry, such as guns, tazers, and grenades, which gives him the advantage over his foes in terms of range, since he can use these weapons to inflict damage from a long range. Stryker also greatly utilizes a police baton, using it to propel himself forward with great speed and trip his opponents or fling them behind him.
- Stryker's redesign in Mortal Kombat Armageddon was based on more modern police uniforms, namely riot gear.
- A character with his name was going to be in the original Mortal Kombat, but was dropped in favor of a female character, Sonya Blade.
- Stryker's name was originally going to be used for Jax in Mortal Kombat II.
- He is the only character to not have any moves or abilities that defy physics or are supernatural in nature. Thus, he is the only normal human being in the game.
- Stryker is known to be a very divisive character, a favorite of some fans and a least favorite of others.