Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Kaoruko Hanasaki is Tsubomi Hanasaki's grandmother and mother of Youichi Hanasaki in Heartcatch Pretty Cure!. She is a famous botanist and owner of the Flower Shop. When she was young, she was Cure Flower, and is chronologically the first Cure in Heartcatch Pretty Cure! universe.
Kaoruko is considered wise and kind, and cares deeply for her granddaughter. She is very loving and loves flowers more than anything. It is said that her old speak-pattern was inherited by Tsubomi.
Cure Flower, like the other Cures, can use a forte wave but was not shown in the show due to her fighting at a diminished power level. Her powers are blessed in holy light. Aside for her attacks, she can also use some auxiliary attacks for her battle style:
Flower Candle - Cure Flower uses a flower petal and generates a magical circle below the enemy with her flower symbol, which it spins enemies on the ground.
Flower Carnival - Cure Flower throws several flower petals onto the enemy and generates a projection of herself, attacking the enemy controlling the Desertrian from the inside.
- Kaoruko and Tsubomi are the first Cures to be related by blood, if not counting Michiru Kiryuu and Kaoru Kiryuu, who became Cure Bright and Cure Windy during the last battle in Futari wa Pretty Cure Splash Star.
- According to a story she told, Kaoruko's favorite flower is lavender, which symbolizes promise through love.
- Although there are few hints of this, Cure Flower may have been the leader of her own team, as well as the only member of her team who still keeps contact with the Heart Tree, while her teammates may have forgotten all about it, hence why they never appear during the series.
- Cure Flower was a Pretty Cure 50 years before the the start of the series. However Cure Angie who only appears in the Heartcatch movie was reported as the one to create the Pretty Cure Palace and had a hand in forging the Heartcatch Mirage making her a Pretty Cure before Cure Flower. Cure Flower herself revealed she went through the trial to obtain the Heartcatch Mirage.
- Other then Setsuna/Cure Passion, Hibiki/Cure Melody and Kanade/Cure Rhythm, Kaoruko also has the most drastic changes in her hair color, her original hair color turns to light pink when transform into Cure Flower.
- Kaoruko/Cure Flower fought Dune 50 years ago, that means Cure Flower started to be a PreCure when she was 17 years old just like Yuri Tsukikage.