Kaai Yuki (歌愛ユキ) is a Japanese VOCALOID released in December 2009 for the VOCALOID2 engine, developed and distributed by AH-Software Co. Ltd.. Yuki's vocals are based on an elementary school student. With her voice provider being a young girl the identity of her provider has never been revealed for legal reasons. She is the first female VOCALOID whose voice samples are not produced from an adult.
She and Hiyama Kiyoteru were released as "student" and "teacher" VOCALOIDs.
The characters of her name, "歌愛", mean "song" and "love" respectively.
Yuki is meant to be portrayed as a 9 year old elementary school student. She is said to be "As tall as 10 big apples" and "As heavy as 86 apples". Her red randoseru is a motif of Yamaha's wind controller, WX5.
- Hiyama Kiyoteru; Teacher.
Yuki, along with SF-A2 miki and Hiyama Kiyoteru, was introduced to expand the VOCALOID market and give producers more vocal options to utilize.
Until May 2011, all AH-Software Vocaloids were banned from KARENT.
The three AH-Software Vocaloids were slow to gain popularity and for a while were amongst the least popular VOCALOIDs. Kaai Yuki was in 2010 the second most popular of the trio.
An independent search on Nico Nico Douga revealed that most VOCALOIDs, Yuki included, had less then 1,000 videos uploaded to Nico Nico Douga in 2011 between July 1 and December 15.
- Yuki and Kiyoteru were announced in November 2009. Interestingly, at the end of the previous month Crypton Future Media had just made their own announcement of a series called Project if…, which was set in a elementary school setting.
- One of the first 3 AH-Software VOCALOIDs
- One of the two first female AH-Software VOCALOIDs
- First vocal to be provided by a child
- First female vocal to be provided by a child