|“||Instructor, I've finally found what's important. She was right. It didn't matter if I had any talent. That wasn't the end goal. But... I don't mind who I am now. Sure, because of my power, I've done terrible things. But because of my power, I was able to bring everyone back. When you think of it that way, it isn't so bad. If you want to make a miracle happen, you can, right?||„|
|~ To dead Chisa Yukizome|
Hajime Hinata is the protagonist of Super Dangan Ronpa 2: Goodbye Despair. He originally had no talent, entering Hope's Peak Academy as a reserve course student, but he eventually earned the title of Ultimate Hope after participating in Project Izuru Kamukura - a brain alteration/augmentation program named after the school's founder designed to "create a genius out of the ordinary" - in which his original memories were erased. During this time, he was known as Izuru Kamukura.
At the end of the game, he and the other survivors managed to escape to the real world.
Hajime returns in Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope's Peak Academy with the other Remnants of Despair as a Reserve Course student and a candidate for the Izuru Kamukura Project. He also returns in Side: Future with his Izuru persona still intact.
He is voiced by Johnny Yong Bosch with along his alfter-ego, Izuru Kamukura best known voicing Ichigo Kurosaki from Bleach, Yukio Okumura from Blue Exorcist, Kiba from Wolf's Rain, Nathan Adams from Yo-kai Watch, T.K. Takaishi from Digimon Adventure tri. and Nobita Nobi from Doraemon.
Hinata has short, spiky brown hair and green eyes. He wears a simple white shirt with a green tie with a strange symbol at the bottom, and blue jeans with red-and-white sneakers.
Hajime's eyes have a straight line running across his pupil. While his eye colours are normally green, his eyes turned red and shaped like a target radar when he lived as Izuru Kamukura.
In Side: Hope, Hajime's eyes have become heterochromatic. His left eye is red while his right eye is green.
A normal person who is slightly kind to others, although when he learns of Nagito Komaeda's true nature, he doesn't consider him as a friend and limits his kindness to him, not even feeding him when he was tied by the others. He also sometimes regrets to tell who the real murderer is in some cases, an example when he pointed out the frail Mikan Tsumiki in Chapter 3 as the murderer.
He is also somewhat snarky, cynical, and blunt, yet generally tolerant of others' quirks.
- He likes Kusamochi, but dislikes Sakuramochi.
- Even though his looks and personality might resemble Makoto Naegi, Hajime has a more blunt personality then Makoto, saying "それは違うぞ(sore wa chigau zo lit. That's wrong)" doing Nonstop Debates, while Makoto says "それは違うよ(sore wa chigau yo lit. That's wrong)", which is more polite then saying ぞ. He also had a difficult time relexing in the prologue of Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair.
- Hajime's alternate identity is foreshadowed during one of Gundham Tanaka's free time events, where Tanaka asks Hajime to reveal his "true name".
- His first name, Hajime, means "beginning", while his birthday is on January 1st, the start of a new year "beginning".
- His name can also translate to "face to a new day", or "wound" referencing how he came to terms with the wrong he did as Izuru Kamakura and looked to the future.
- His Bloodtype is A.
- His temporary transition into his "Awakening" form is similar to that of Kiyotaka Ishimaru's transformation into "Kiyondo". Both of them acquired the transformation by keeping someone in their memories. (In Hajime's case, he kept Chiaki and Izuru Kamukura in mind as he finishes off Junko's AI in the end.)
Dangan Ronpa 2
Dangan Ronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls
Dangan Ronpa 3: The End of Hope's Peak Academy