|“||My mission is noble, my heart is pure I have nothing to fear.||„|
|~ Samurai Jack: in Episode 6 "Jack and the Warrior Woman"|
Opposed to what you would think, being pure of heart doesn't mean being a perfect, flawless hero. Basically, the Pure of Heart is the direct opposite of the Complete Monster (a villain who is the most evil and depraved, without being redeemed). It means that they want to make the world better, or at least keep it from getting any worse. Not for themselves, but for everyone that lives in it. A Pure of Heart's heroic deeds are as natural as living and breathing; he or she is also identifiable through these traits:
- Pleasant: The character is basically nice and reasonable with any other character, and tries to get along with anyone who interacts with him, even if they are hostile to him.
- Selfless: They think about others before themselves, and wouldn't hesitate to risk their lives to save others, sometimes even people they don't know.
- Incorruptible: No matter how many times they are tempted, or how much pains they go through, a pure heart doesn't surrender to his inner demons, like anger.
- Forgiving: They give their enemies chances and allows them to redeem themselves. Sometimes, they even save their enemies, after being their victims.
- Reluctant to kill: Some never kill any foe, no matter how cruel they are. Yet some do, though only in self defense (or in an equitable fight), in last resort, and with remorse. Heroes who have fun killing cannot be labelled pure of hearts, if they kill more than one person at least in a limited number.
- Acts: A true hero shows his courage through actions, such as saving lives, or at least making life much easier for people in need. And most importantly, they expect no reward, and that goes for certain greedy heroes who can show their nice side.
- Naive: Sometimes, the hero just can't grasp unto most concepts, such as technology, money, or intercourse. Mostly, this is why they aren't interested in power or greed. Heroes that have this trait often are children or grow up in a primitive society.
Older pure of heart characters started off as pure of heart, while in newer times, characters become pure of heart during character development. That's why some categories (like Antiheroes and On & Off heroes, with FEW exceptions) do not fit this one. It is also known as "Incorruptible Pure Pureness".
Important Note: For future reference the following categories are by and large not compatible with Pure of heart, and should be remembered before listing a character as this: Heroic Sociopaths, Sadistic Heroes, Heroic Murderer, Heroic Assassins, Morally Ambiguous. Obviously there are exceptions to this rule but they are exactly that: exceptions. If a character fits any of these, think twice before listing them as Pure of heart because chances are they don't fit it.
Sliding Scale of Heroes
This wiki currently recognizes four different overarching standards for a hero's morality.
- The Pure of heart: Those who are above petty selfish behaviors and act entirely for the sake of others and are incorruptible in their pursuits.
- Outright Heroes: The standard hero model, not incorruptible and possibly even less than heroic on occasion but over all virtuous and true.
- Good Hearted Bastards: Those who may appear brash, selfish or uncaring but are beneath the surface caring and well intentioned heroes.
- Heroic Sociopaths: Those with no conscience or moral center incapable of functioning on a moral level but whom still assist the forces of good either for practical reasons or as a circumstance of story.
- We of course recognize several more types there in that may overlap but each of the above sum up overarching character and should not be entered lightly. Please note by it's nature no one can recover from being a sociopath if they can, they were never sociopaths in the first place. And while Pure of heart can be former villains they can not fall back into said habits willingly as by nature once Pure of heart a hero is incorruptible.
This category has the following 7 subcategories, out of 7 total.
Pages in category "Pure of heart"
The following 200 pages are in this category, out of 3,621 total.(previous 200) (next 200)