| This stub is making Kirby sad.|
This article or section is a stub. You can help the Heroes Wiki by expanding it!
What are you waiting for? GO!
Amanda O'Neill (アマンダ・オニール, Amanda Onīru) is a supporting character featured in the Little Witch Academia series.
Amanda is a tall girl who measures between 5'6" and 5'7". She has short orange hair with amaranth undertones that points upwards. Her eyebrows have the same light red color and her eyes are bright green. Her standard Luna Nova Academy uniform consists of a jacket and dark blue skirt, with buttons in the center of the same color and a white shirt below. Like her friends Constanze and Jasminka, she completes her uniform with a green sash and hatband. She wears grayish-brown sports shoes with white laces.
When not in her uniform, she usually wears a pale blue tank top, along with dark blue shorts.
Concept art that Amanda originally wore red high-top sneakers instead of grayish-brown sports shoes.
Amanda is by her own description a "rebel". An unruly and fun-loving child, she has little respect for authority and is primarily motivated by hedonism. She has a very relaxed attitude towards her schoolwork almost to the point of apathy and takes the easy way out whenever she has the opportunity. This is both a point of practicality ("Who cares how it gets done if it gets done?") and a result of a general reticence to exert effort when there's no fun to be had in it. In cases where she considers a task to be worth her time (particularly broom flying class), she puts her utmost enthusiasm into it and she refuses to conform to anything less even when her grades depend on it ("Fly free or don't fly at all").
Amanda is very athletic, being a tomboy with a talent for acrobatics, best exhibited when she flies a broom (a talent that led Akko to ask if she wanted to be a "broom dancer" when she finished school, in response, Amanda said she hadn't thought that far in advance and just planned to have fun). She also appears to be somewhat of a kleptomaniac, as she was seen to steal both in The Enchanted Parade and "Don't Stop Me Now". While a staunch individualist, she has genuine compassion for her friends.
Amanda O'Neill was born in America and eventually found interest in Luna Nova. While there, she became roommates with Jasminka Antonenko and Constanze Amalie von Braunschbank Albrechtsberger. In some point prior to the Enchanted Parade movie, she was found guilty of breaking and entering; attempting to steal from Luna Nova. She has also exhibited an interest in athletics and dancing, as she's shown to be extremely agile.
Powers and Abilities
- Magic: Like other Luna Nova Witches, Amanda is skillful in magic.
- Clothes Transformation Spell: Amanda can magically alter her clothes for the variety of purpose.
- Magic Barrier Spell: Amanda can conjure powerful energy barrier at will.
- Object Transformation Spell: Amanda can transmute objects into other at will.
- Flower Spell: Amanda can cause a flower to popped at an unexpected area as an element of surprise.
- Object Control Magic: Amanda can magically manipulate objects from distance without touching them.
- Broom Flying Spell: Amanda can fly with her magic broom where unlike her peers, her flying style is noted to be reckless by Professor Nelson, as she enjoys flying more freely.
- Weapon-Wand Fusion Spell: Amanda can combine her wand with a weapon to upgrade the said weapon into a better version of it.
- Athleticism: With or without her broom, Amanda is very agile, able to easily dodge several obstacles at the same time and even evade complex security systems.
- Martial Arts: Amanda demonstrated moderate to large skill in swordplay, using a rather unorthodox style that combined fencing and her natural agility.
- Magic Broom: Amanda possesses a magic broom which enables her to fly.
- Magic Wand: Like all academy students, Amanda has a wand that she keeps in her belt band. She can even fuse it with a bent rapier to create a larger, dual-bladed sword.
Comparisons with Ryūko Matoi
It has repeatedly shown that Amanda's character resembles Ryuko Matoi (the main protagonist of the Kill la Kill franchise which also created by Studio Trigger) in several aspects, namely personality, appearance, and reputation as juvenile delinquents. They said that similarities are even more apparent with Amanda's hairstyle which greatly looks identical to Ryūko's when she is fully synchronized with Senketsu (albeit with orange and amaranth coloration as opposed to black and vermilion). Hilariously, as seen in two of the following images below, they are shown to have identical facial expressions.
- As stated above, personality wise, Amanda is similar to Ryūko Matoi from Kill la Kill, another anime series produced by Studio Trigger, and in lesser extent, Bakugou Katsuki from My Hero Academia. Out of two, however, Amanda is far more similar to Ryūko as she is more friendly and sociable than Bakugou to begin with.
- She is also pretty much similar to Sunset Shimmer from the My Little Pony Equestria Girls franchise.
- Amanda's hairstyle also looks a lot like Fubuki Atsuya's from the Inazuma Eleven series.
|Little Witch Academia Heroes|
Luna Nova Students